Snow and Trail Condition Updates
As of 1/25/22:
County trails are open with occasional closures. Please check the Ride Rusk page for confirmation on your trail routes and for updates on trail maintenance and grooming.
From Hawkins-Snow Hawks (Hawkins): Sno-hawks groomers are both out and fire is going in warming shack, stop in and warm up.
Cross Country Ski Trails
Blue Hills Trails report:
Lovely cold January day in the Hills yesterday. Bluebird sky, fresh powder, quiet skis, winds in the treetops, woodpeckers hammering, crows talking. When you stop to appreciate your surroundings, it really isn't a silent sport, is it?
- Groomers rolled (packed) the East Side trails yesterday afternoon & evening.
- We received several dry powder snowfalls this past weekend, groomers packed the powder snow across the width of the trails, and this included wiping out the classic track on the East Side trails.
- The West Side trails were not groomed yesterday and still have 2-3 inches of powder snow and a well defined classic track.
- If he can tolerate today's subzero temps, our head groomer hopes to reset classic track on the East Side Core Loop this afternoon.
- Holding off on setting more classic track on the East Side trails until after windy conditions decrease later this week. That way we'll have a fresh track with minimal oak leaves, pine needles, etc.
- Based on the weather forecast, Thursday evening would be a good time to set new classic track.
Ladysmith Area Trails report:
Sisters farm trail report. Jim groomed the skate lane on the East side and looks good. We did not have enough snow to redo the track on either side of the road. Dave groomed the west side trails for bikes and snowshoeing and should be excellent for fat bikes. Track needed to be skied in but should also be good. Enjoy!
-For more updates, check out the Ladysmith Area Trail Association Facebook page.
Each morning starting at 4am our grooming crew climbs into the cats and start the grooming process. By grooming early in the morning this insures the best possible quality snow conditions for our guests.
See you on the mountain!
Open today 10am-10pm (times may vary, check their website to stay up to date!)
Stay in the loop!
Stay up to date on the latest Rusk County events, contests and deals.