Snow and Trail Conditions Update
As of 2/28/2023:
(2/25/23): Green means it has been groomed in last 24 hours. (See map on their Facebook page)
Blue is groomed in last 48 hours.
I know several trails were done multiple times this week. Awesome work and big thanks to all Rusk Co. groomer operators!
Have an great, safe Saturday! See you at Sheldon Rough Riders Brat Feed! Right right!
-Please check the Ride Rusk page for confirmation on your trail routes and for updates on trail maintenance and grooming.
Cross Country Ski Trails
Packed powder skiing, firm skate deck and classic track, sunshine and comfortable temps -- Sunday was a beautiful day to Ski the Hills.
Recently Opened Trails (still recovering from December Ice Storm Damage)
- In early February, a couple of work crews decided to tackle the tree damage on a part of the East Side Core Loop that hadn't been opened.
- Over the course of two days, two 4-man crews removed the deeply buried frozen tree debris between intersections 25-24-22-21-20-15 so all of us could enjoy skiing more of the East Side Core Loop.
- We started grooming those trail segments February 11th.
- Rain interfered -- and we finally were able to do some 'finish' grooming on those trail segments this past week.
- A NOTE TO THE WISE: for 100 meters west of #20, you should probably remove your skis and walk 100 strides over a segment of trail that has a very thin base (loggers have been using this area to turn around when hauling logs).
-Be sure to visit their website or Facebook page for more trail conditions.
Ladysmith Area Trails report:
(2/24/2023): Sisters Farm trail update. I rolled the west side today and plan to groom and track them tomorrow. Jim rolled the East side yesterday and I made one pass with the groomer and set track today but it is still soft. We may need to go over it again tomorrow. Biking will be soft for a while. Skiing ok and snowshoeing excellent.
-For more updates, check out the Ladysmith Area Trail Association Facebook page.
(2/25/23): Scouting the perfect line for some mid-day powder drops on Beastly. Nothing beats a beautiful day, playing cards and enjoying a delicious quesadilla in the sun.
-Check out their website or Facebook page for more updates.
Stay in the loop!
Stay up to date on the latest Rusk County events, contests and deals.